Can you believe we’re in August already!
This year has literally flown by and to be honest it’s actually scary. It really makes you think,”What have I actually done that’s different to what I did the previous year?”.
For me it has to be, blogging. My mission this year has been to combate the feeling of fear! I now can proudly say I have a new outlook on life and really believe in just going for what you want.
This month, I have been forunate to have a gained wonderful new followers (Oh hey!) and also fortunate to keep the ones that have been here with me from day one (Thank you guys!).
I thought it was time for you to get to know me a bit more. Below are a few questions I’ve answered for you all!
- What is your name? My name is Jade
- What does your name mean? My name stand for a green gem and also means a mothers precious gem. Funny enough it goes well as I am definitely a mummy girl!
- Where are you from? I am from London Town hunny
- Where do you live? I live in Nottingham, Robin Hood land (so they say)
- What do you do for a living? I am a fashion Merchandiser and work for a character licensed supplier (I now dream about Batman and Lego)
- What is your favourite colour? I love the colour green. Coincidental that my name means a green gem
- Favourite food? I love junk food, but guys as you know, from my last post, I’m changing so I would say chicken and chips .. BUT .. I’m going to remain hopeful and say salad .. 😐
- Favourite holiday? I went to Jamaica in 2015 and it was amazing. The weather and the food .. the food was definitely the highlight. If you ever go I would recommend the Grand Palladium in Montego Bay. Enjoy! 🙂
- Favorite sport? hmm I’m not a really sporty person, but if I had to say I’d pick Athletics. I did athletics when I was in school. These long legs specialised in 100 metres
- What is something you are talented at? I’m good at drawing and also singing. Singing is something I really need to explore. I believe it’s a talent that God has given me but I really need to work on it my confidence.
- What is something you wish you were talented at? I wish I was good at Photoshop. I know the basics but please don’t ask me to do a full blown edit. Just no, no
- Are you competitive? I can be. Especially when it comes to something I have a passion for and also when it comes to video games. I was a crash bandicoot addict!
- What is the best compliment you have ever received? I can’t remember many, but the other day my mum sent the most encouraging text, it reads ” Remember who you are! You are a loving, kind, considerate, helpful, person with a gentle nature. That’s the the real original Jade. Don’t let anyone, anything change you”. I love my mummy
- What are some of your bad habits? I think I can procrastinate quite a bit. This is something I am definitely working on §
- What are your favorite things about yourself? I like that I don’t hold grudges, but this can also at times be an annoyance. I am quite forgiving. Holding grudges just takes so much energy out of you.
- What are 3 long term goals? I would like to one day of course have a child, get a mortgage and continue blogging.
- What is your biggest accomplishment? I think graduating from university and also moving away from home. As I said above ,I’m a mummy girls and never thought I’d move out, let along be the first child to get married.
- What is an ideal first date for you? Going to a bar for a few drinks and nibbles would be an ideal first date. It’s good to be in a place where you can talk and really get to know one another. Rather than remaining silent during a cinema screening
- Do you have a best friend, if so, then who? My husband is definitely my best friend. We do practically everything together. I would say he’s my soul mate
- Who has left the most impact on your life? My nanny. She was an amazing woman and was there for my and my sisters all the time. When we was ill, upset, celebrating life achievements, she was there.
- What piece of technology can you not live without? My phone
- What countries have you visited? I’ve visited Jamaica, Cyprus ( Napa and Paphos) Amsterdam
- What countries would you like to visit? I would like to visit Trinidad. This is where my mother was born.
- Most embarrassing memory? I think I subconsciously block all the embarrassing memories out because I can’t actually remember at the moment guys, honestly I’ve been sitting her for almost 30 minutes on this question!
- If you could give your younger self any advice what would it be? I would advise myself, that’s it is ok to be different. You don’t need to change to fit in! Life will be hard at times, but don’t let the hard times change you. God is always with you and will never leave you nor forsake you. You’ve got this!
There you have it guys, I hope you enjoyed 🙂
Please feel free to share you Q&A with me, I would love to get to know you all more